- 1 Which part of Texas is Austin in?
- 2 How close is Austin to Dallas?
- 3 How far apart are Houston and Austin?
- 4 What city is closest to Austin TX?
- 5 What is a good salary in Austin?
- 6 Is Austin Texas Safe?
- 7 How far is Austin from the beach?
- 8 How far is Austin from Mexican border?
- 9 What is Austin Texas known for?
- 10 Is Austin hotter than Houston?
- 11 Does Austin TX have a beach?
- 12 Is Houston cheaper than Austin?
- 13 Is it expensive to live in Austin TX?
- 14 What is the best suburb of Austin TX?
- 15 What’s the best area to live in Austin TX?
Which part of Texas is Austin in?
Austin, the southernmost state capital of the contiguous 48 states, is located in Central Texas. Austin is 146 miles (230 km) northwest of Houston, 182 miles (290 km) south of Dallas and 74 miles (120 km) northeast of San Antonio.
How close is Austin to Dallas?
How far is Austin from Dallas? The distance from Austin to Dallas is 195 miles.
How far apart are Houston and Austin?
The shortest distance (air line) between Austin and Houston is 146.57 mi (235.88 km). The shortest route between Austin and Houston is 165.03 mi (265.59 km) according to the route planner. The driving time is approx.
What city is closest to Austin TX?
Major cities near Austin, TX
- 146 miles to Houston, TX.
- 172 miles to Corpus Christi, TX.
- 172 miles to Fort Worth, TX.
- 175 miles to Arlington, TX.
- 182 miles to Dallas, TX.
- 194 miles to Garland, TX.
- 200 miles to Plano, TX.
- 218 miles to Laredo, TX.
What is a good salary in Austin?
The median income in the Texas capital is $63,717 but it takes $98,007 a year to live comfortably in Austin, according to a recent study by GoBankingRates, a personal finance website. To live comfortably in Austin as a renter, it takes $94,455 — but that’s still a gap of more than $30,000 from the median income.
Is Austin Texas Safe?
The FBI’s 2019 NIBRS Crime Data Report ranks Austin as the 11th safest city in the U.S. for crimes against a person. It also has the city listed as 12th for crimes against society and 9th against property. The data was pulled from 22 cities all with populations greater than 400,000.
How far is Austin from the beach?
Inland Austin is three hours from the relieving waters of the Gulf of Mexico and its beaches, so Austinites must seek out local swimming holes on hot days. Luckily, the city is flecked with lakes that often have sand beaches.
How far is Austin from Mexican border?
Austin encompasses 272 square miles along the Colorado River in central Texas 200 miles from the Gulf of Mexico.
What is Austin Texas known for?
Austin, famed for its nightlife, its outdoor graffiti art gallery and regularly dubbed “the drunkest city in the US” is to Texas as Berlin is to Germany, which is to say it proudly, provocatively, perversely bears little resemblance to the rest of the state.
Is Austin hotter than Houston?
Austin isn’t as humid as Houston, but its not that much less humid and the hotter temperatures kind of make up for the humidity gap between Austin and Houston. Texas in general is just HOT.
Does Austin TX have a beach?
Much like Cancun and the Caribbean, you can find beaches in Austin, the Texas coast, and an oasis in West Texas! From the quiet expanses of Boca Chica to the rocky beaches near Austin, Texas, has a lot to offer!
Is Houston cheaper than Austin?
Houston is actually a little more expensive than Austin in most ways that people measure their cost of living, and that includes rent, utilities, and groceries. But the average income is also marginally higher in Houston, and where the disparity comes into play is in scale.
Is it expensive to live in Austin TX?
On Numbeo’s cost of living index, which factors in the cost of consumer goods prices, including groceries, restaurants, transportation, and utilities, Austin scored 62.96 out of 100 in March 2021—meaning it costs almost 40% less to live there than it does to live in New York City, the index’s benchmark with a score of
What is the best suburb of Austin TX?
Best Suburbs Near Austin, Texas
- Brushy Creek. Population: 21,764.
- Round Rock. Population: 128,739.
- Pflugerville. Population: 64,431.
- Leander. Population: 56,111.
- Shady Hollow. Population: 5,004.
- Wells Branch. Population: 12,120.
- Georgetown. Population: 74,180. Median Home Value: $255,300.
- Hutto. Population: 26,434. Median Home Value: $184,100.
What’s the best area to live in Austin TX?
What Are the Best Places to Live in Austin?
- Allandale. For young professionals with families, Allandale offers the best of both worlds: an established neighborhood only minutes away from the excitement of downtown.
- East Austin.
- Hyde Park.
- Old West Austin.
- Westlake Hills.