- 1 How far is San Marcos Texas from Austin?
- 2 How far is San Marcos Texas from San Antonio?
- 3 Where in Texas is San Marcos?
- 4 Is San Marcos closer to Austin or San Antonio?
- 5 What is the prettiest city in Texas?
- 6 Is San Marcos Texas Safe?
- 7 Is San Marcos a good place to live?
- 8 What is San Marcos Texas known for?
- 9 How far is San Marcos from Corpus Christi?
- 10 How far is San Marcos from the beach?
- 11 Does San Marcos Texas get tornadoes?
- 12 Is San Marcos a good place to retire?
- 13 What is the cost of living in San Marcos Texas?
- 14 Is Austin or San Antonio better?
How far is San Marcos Texas from Austin?
The total driving distance from Austin, TX to San Marcos, TX is 31 miles or 50 kilometers.
How far is San Marcos Texas from San Antonio?
Distance from San Marcos, TX to San Antonio, TX
There are 45.89 miles from San Marcos to San Antonio in southwest direction and 49 miles (78.86 kilometers) by car, following the I-35 S route.
Where in Texas is San Marcos?
San Marcos is in Central Texas. It is 30 miles (48 km) southwest of Austin and 51 miles (82 km) northeast of San Antonio.
Is San Marcos closer to Austin or San Antonio?
San Marcos is about 20 miles closer to Austin than it is to San Antonio. The distance to San Antonio feels further still because of all the little towns and ridiculous road layouts between the two cities.
What is the prettiest city in Texas?
10 of the Most Beautiful Cities in Texas
- Fredericksburg. Credit: tpwd.texas.gov.
- Jefferson. The Lone Star Carriage Company Of Jefferson Texas.
- Wimberley. nan palmero via Flickr.
- Canyon. tpwd.texas.gov.
- Port Isabel. Credit: tpwd.texas.gov.
- Rockport. rockport-fulton.org.
- Salado. Salado Chamber of Commerce.
- Marble Falls.
Is San Marcos Texas Safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in San Marcos is 1 in 34. Based on FBI crime data, San Marcos is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Texas, San Marcos has a crime rate that is higher than 87% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is San Marcos a good place to live?
San Marcos is a primary white and affluent area. It is quite expensive but safe city to live in. There are many families and college students in this area since it is home to California State University San Marcos.
What is San Marcos Texas known for?
San Marcos is a charming college town halfway between Austin and San Antonio known for the country’s largest outlet mall, a historic downtown square, and tons of waterways to kayak, paddleboard or float on. But you might be surprised by what else this town has to offer.
How far is San Marcos from Corpus Christi?
The total driving distance from Corpus Christi, TX to San Marcos, TX is 190 miles or 306 kilometers.
How far is San Marcos from the beach?
San Marcos is located about 6 miles inland from the ocean and about 30 miles from downtown San Diego.
Does San Marcos Texas get tornadoes?
The risk of tornado damage in San Marcos is lower than Texas average and is higher than the national average. A higher tornado index value means a higher chance of tornado events. The tornado index for San Marcos ids 170.75, as compared to Texas which is 208.58, and the U.S. which is 136.45.
Is San Marcos a good place to retire?
SAN MARCOS, Texas (KXAN) — Forbes has named San Marcos the best place to retire in Texas, pushing San Antonio into second place. The study took into consideration factors like the cost of living, doctors per capita and the crime rate.
What is the cost of living in San Marcos Texas?
San Marcos cost of living is 96.5
|COST OF LIVING||San Marcos||Texas|
|Median Home Cost||$216,900||$195,000|
Is Austin or San Antonio better?
San Antonio’s big advantage over Austin is cost-of-living. Austin is a lot more liberal as a result – anything goes! San Antonio is much more conservative, and it is probably a better place to raise a family in my opinion. Both cities have good parks, museums, restaurants, etc., and both economies seem to be booming.