- 1 Which part of Texas is Austin in?
- 2 How close is Austin to Houston?
- 3 What major city is near Austin TX?
- 4 Is Austin close to Dallas?
- 5 What is a good salary in Austin?
- 6 Is Austin Texas Safe?
- 7 How far is Austin TX from the ocean?
- 8 What is Austin Texas known for?
- 9 How far is Austin from Houston by car?
- 10 Does Austin have a beach?
- 11 What is the best area to live in Austin TX?
- 12 Where should I live near Austin?
- 13 Is Dallas or Austin bigger?
- 14 How far is Austin from Dallas driving?
- 15 How far is Austin to San Antonio?
Which part of Texas is Austin in?
Austin, the southernmost state capital of the contiguous 48 states, is located in Central Texas. Austin is 146 miles (230 km) northwest of Houston, 182 miles (290 km) south of Dallas and 74 miles (120 km) northeast of San Antonio.
How close is Austin to Houston?
The shortest distance (air line) between Austin and Houston is 146.57 mi (235.88 km). The shortest route between Austin and Houston is 165.03 mi (265.59 km) according to the route planner. The driving time is approx.
What major city is near Austin TX?
List of Cities near Austin in Texas, United States of America
|Major Cities Close to Austin|
|San Antonio||118.3 km / 73.5 miles|
|Dallas||293.3 km / 182.2 miles|
|Irving||295.7 km / 183.7 miles|
|Garland||311.7 km / 193.7 miles|
Is Austin close to Dallas?
Austin encompasses 272 square miles along the Colorado River in central Texas 200 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. The capitol city is 200 miles southwest of Dallas 162 miles west of Houston 90 miles north of San Antonio and is the center of the major metropolitan area of Austin-Round Rock-San Marcos.
What is a good salary in Austin?
The median income in the Texas capital is $63,717 but it takes $98,007 a year to live comfortably in Austin, according to a recent study by GoBankingRates, a personal finance website. To live comfortably in Austin as a renter, it takes $94,455 — but that’s still a gap of more than $30,000 from the median income.
Is Austin Texas Safe?
The FBI’s 2019 NIBRS Crime Data Report ranks Austin as the 11th safest city in the U.S. for crimes against a person. It also has the city listed as 12th for crimes against society and 9th against property. The data was pulled from 22 cities all with populations greater than 400,000.
How far is Austin TX from the ocean?
Austin is 215 miles from The Gulf of Mexico. If one were to travel the most direct route to the Atlantic Ocean, it is Approximately 1,034 mikes to the Atlantic Ocean. If you are speaking about the Pacific Ocean, The most direct route will be 1,219 miles.
What is Austin Texas known for?
Austin, famed for its nightlife, its outdoor graffiti art gallery and regularly dubbed “the drunkest city in the US” is to Texas as Berlin is to Germany, which is to say it proudly, provocatively, perversely bears little resemblance to the rest of the state.
How far is Austin from Houston by car?
The calculated flying distance from Austin to Houston is equal to 147 miles which is equal to 236 km. If you want to go by car, the driving distance between Austin and Houston is 263.39 km. If you ride your car with an average speed of 112 kilometers/hour (70 miles/h), travel time will be 02 hours 21 minutes.
Does Austin have a beach?
Much like Cancun and the Caribbean, you can find beaches in Austin, the Texas coast, and an oasis in West Texas! From the quiet expanses of Boca Chica to the rocky beaches near Austin, Texas, has a lot to offer!
What is the best area to live in Austin TX?
What Are the Best Places to Live in Austin?
- Allandale. For young professionals with families, Allandale offers the best of both worlds: an established neighborhood only minutes away from the excitement of downtown.
- East Austin.
- Hyde Park.
- Old West Austin.
- Westlake Hills.
Where should I live near Austin?
Best Suburbs Near Austin, Texas
- Brushy Creek. Population: 21,764.
- Round Rock. Population: 128,739.
- Pflugerville. Population: 64,431.
- Leander. Population: 56,111.
- Shady Hollow. Population: 5,004.
- Wells Branch. Population: 12,120.
- Georgetown. Population: 74,180. Median Home Value: $255,300.
- Hutto. Population: 26,434. Median Home Value: $184,100.
Is Dallas or Austin bigger?
Dallas ranked third, with nearly 1.2 million people, and Austin placed fourth with 790,390 residents. Dallas was Texas’ second-largest city in 2000, with just under 1.19 million people. San Antonio ranked third then, with a population of 1.14 million residents.
How far is Austin from Dallas driving?
If you want to go by car, the driving distance between Dallas and Austin is 315.2 km. If you ride your car with an average speed of 112 kilometers/hour (70 miles/h), travel time will be 02 hours 48 minutes.
How far is Austin to San Antonio?
Distance from Austin to San-Antonio
The shortest distance (air line) between Austin and San-Antonio is 73.59 mi (118.44 km). The shortest route between Austin and San-Antonio is 79.30 mi (127.62 km) according to the route planner. The driving time is approx. 1h 30min.