- 1 What is Wimberley TX known for?
- 2 What is there to do in Wimberley this weekend?
- 3 How far is Canyon Lake from Wimberley?
- 4 Can you float the river in Wimberley?
- 5 Has anyone died in Jacobs Well?
- 6 Is Wimberley Texas Safe?
- 7 How far is Wimberley from San Marcos?
- 8 How far is Wimberley from San Antonio?
- 9 How deep is the Blue Hole Wimberley Texas?
- 10 What is the best river to tube in Texas?
- 11 Where is the best place to float the river in Texas?
- 12 Can you float the river in Texas?
What is Wimberley TX known for?
Wimberley, Texas is a central location for some of the best natural swimming holes, wines, and culture in the Texas Hill Country. Try ziplining, driving into the Blue Hole, or go wine tasting and tour the vineyards of Driftwood Estate Winery for the more relaxing leg of your trip.
What is there to do in Wimberley this weekend?
- Blue Hole Regional Park. 448. Parks.
- Jacob’s Well Natural Area. 399.
- Devil’s Backbone Scenic Drive. 187.
- Old Baldy. Points of Interest & Landmarks.
- Wimberley Lions Market Days. Flea & Street Markets.
- Bootiful Wimberley. Points of Interest & Landmarks.
- EmilyAnn Theatre & Gardens. Theaters.
- Bella Vista Ranch. 103.
How far is Canyon Lake from Wimberley?
There are 12.94 miles from Wimberley to Canyon Lake in southwest direction and 28 miles (45.06 kilometers) by car, following the FM 2673 route. Wimberley and Canyon Lake are 44 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
Can you float the river in Wimberley?
The San Marcos River
The San Marcos River’s crystal clear blue waters offer a welcome respite from the hot Texas weather of Wimberly. Head southeast down Ranch Road 12 to get to the San Marcos Lions Club, where you can rent tubes to ride down the river.
Has anyone died in Jacobs Well?
At least eight or nine people have died at Jacob’s Well — the exact number is hard to come by — which has prompted some people to call it one of the most dangerous diving spots in the world. Two young Texas men were caught in one of the well’s caves and drowned in 1979.
Is Wimberley Texas Safe?
With a crime rate for both violent and property crime combined of 7 per 1,000 residents, the crime rate in Wimberley is one of the lower rates in America among communities of all sizes (lower than 72% of America’s communities). One’s chance of becoming a victim of crime in Wimberley is one in 135.
How far is Wimberley from San Marcos?
There are 12.28 miles from San Marcos to Wimberley in northwest direction and 15 miles (24.14 kilometers) by car, following the RM 12 route. San Marcos and Wimberley are 26 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
How far is Wimberley from San Antonio?
The distance between San Antonio and Wimberley is 46 miles. The road distance is 58.3 miles.
How deep is the Blue Hole Wimberley Texas?
The Blue Hole in Wimberley is about 2 feet at its shallowest end and between 16 and 20 feet at its deepest. A cobblestone path leads from the ticket booth to the swimming hole, part of the 126-acre Blue Hole Regional Park in Wimberley.
What is the best river to tube in Texas?
The 4 best Texas rivers for tubing
- Comal River, New Braunfels. Although it’s the shortest river in Texas, the Comal River (pictured here) is long on fun.
- Frio River, Concan. Cold and secluded, the Frio River is ideal for escaping the summertime crowds.
- Guadalupe River, New Braunfels.
- Medina River, Bandera.
Where is the best place to float the river in Texas?
Where to Go River Tubing in Texas
- Blanco River | Blanco. The Blanco River is a beautiful river where you can spend some time relaxing on the water and enjoying the scenery.
- Comal River | New Braunfels.
- Guadalupe River | Canyon Lake.
- Pedernales River | Johnson City.
- San Marcos River | San Marcos.
Can you float the river in Texas?
The Guadalupe River is the most popular river for floating in the Lone Star State. However, the most popular spots to float are found in the Texas Hill Country, especially in Canyon Lake, San Marcos, New Braunfels and San Antonio. The cool water in the Guadalupe makes this a popular summer tubing destination.